Miami keeps the heat in the streets with electrifying and popular events fit for any taste and mood. But, as the weather is heating up again, now is the best time to find out what’s happening in Miami.
Planning on taking a vacation or just looking for something to do? Miami in May is the place to be for fun, sun, music, and parties, but not necessarily in that order. If that’s not quite what you are looking for, there’s no shortage of family-friendly events like museums and attractions that everyone will love. Either way, you came to the right place to find out what’s happening in Miami.
Since Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, and Memorial Day make this month one of the best for fun events and celebrations, there’s no shortage of activities to get into.
Hot holiday celebrations
- Cinco de Mayo – This festive block party is the ultimate celebration of Mexico’s Independence Day and takes place on the waterfront on Brickell Avenue. Enjoy live mariachi performances, margarita’s, and tasty Mexican food. Join 8,000 others in South Florida’s largest Cinco de Mayo celebration while DJ Laz spins the latest hits.
General admission is $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Click here to purchase.
- Mother’s Day – Treat your mom to a fun weekend getaway with a variety of events guaranteed to show your love. A garden brunch is a perfect place to start, and the Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden in Coral Gables offers plenty of options. With seafood, carving stations, omelets, salads, and sweet desserts, your mother is sure to love this.
On May 12th during the day, enjoy the Mother’s Day Champagne Bay Cruise departing at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and pre-order a catered lunch to enjoy at the Deering Estate. Click here to make reservations.
On May 13th, take the celebration to another level and treat your mom to an afternoon tea, featuring a performance by Dance NOW at the Betsy Hotel South Beach. And you can bring the dog!
Festivals, showcases, & culture
- Come enjoy the 13th Annual All Kids Included Family Arts Festival on May 4th, featuring cultural experiences and activities for everyone. This free event hosted by the South Miami – Dade Cultural Arts Center will take place on the backyard concert lawn and plaza.
The festival begins from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm with programming for children with and without disabilities.
- Rolling Loud Festival – In its fifth year, this festival returns to the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens and features a star-studded hip hop lineup including the Migos, Travis Scott, Cardi B, Lil Wayne, and numerous others.
General admission is already sold out, but you can still get VIP access here.
- Miami Romance Wedding Showcase – He’s popped the question and now it’s time to shop! On May 19, sip free champagne and mingle with wedding planners, caterers, florists, and many other wedding professionals ready to give you the guidance you need to make your special day perfect.
Over 60 local wedding vendors will be present at the Hotel Colonnade in Coral Gables, showcasing lingerie, shoes, handbags, fragrances, and much more.
Tickets start at $10 in advance and $20 at the door. Get your tickets today!
- Brew at the Zoo – From 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm on May 11th, leave the kids at home and throw back some adult beverages. Enjoy live music and sample over 100 different types of beer from around the world at Miami New Times’ Brew at the Zoo. Oh, and check out the cool wildlife.
Tickets start at $40 and $80 for VIP access.
Michelle Obama book tour
Yes, you read that right. Michelle Obama is coming to Miami on her “Becoming” book tour. On May 10, join her in an intimate conversation at the BB&T Center in Fort Lauderdale, where she will share her journey and life lessons. With over 3 million in book sales, the “Becoming” tour has been extended into 2019 and you will have an opportunity to see Michelle Obama in person. Get your tickets here!
Are you ready for May?
These are just a few highlights of upcoming events, but Miami in May has so much more to offer. None of these events interest you? Give us a call today, and we can fill you in on other activities that you might want to attend.