In case you haven’t taken advantage of the chance to check out any Miami events, August is right around the corner and jam-packed with people and events you don’t want to miss.
Summer is still going strong and the heat is turned all the way up with celebrities, festivals, and good food. And who doesn’t like good food? We have the scoop on where you want to be in Miami to party, drink, or just chill for the month of August.
Music & festivals in Miami in August
- One of the hottest R&B acts right now, Khalid, will be at the American Airlines Arena on August 17th. The multiple Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter has been riding the top of the Billboard charts and is now the biggest global artist on Spotify at over 50 million monthly users.
- Marco Antonio Solis will also be at the American Airlines Arena on August 31st. The five-time Latin Grammy award winner has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and has been inducted into the Billboard Latin Music Hall of Fame. You don’t want to miss this multi award-winning performance.
- The Jonas Brothers keep it all in the family for their performance at the American Airlines Arena on August 7th. Getting their start originally on the Disney Channel, this Grammy-nominated and multi-talented pop-rock band has sold over 17 million albums worldwide.
- Ranked as one of the “Greatest Artists of All Time,” The Rolling Stones are still going strong at 55 years together. With over 240 million albums sold worldwide and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame status, the Rolling Stones remain one of America’s classic rock bands.
- The Coconut Grove Food & Wine Festival is back and full of tantalizing dishes and aged grapes for your enjoyment. This is your chance to sample the newest restaurants, caterers, and famous chefs while enjoying the best mojitos, fine wine, and spirits at Regatta Park on August 17th.
- Don’t miss the much anticipated Festival De Cante from August 30th to September 1st at the Arsht Center. In its 14th year, this year will feature Spanish singers Rocio Bazan, Manuel de Manuel, and Javier Heredia alongside Siempra Flamenco’s founding members Paco and Celio Fonta. With mesmerizing performances of dance and guitar, you don’t want to miss this unforgettable cultural experience.
Family-friendly events & programming
- Bring the kids for the Miami Design District Public Art Tours and see Miami’s world-renowned art for free. Take a guided tour offered twice a month on Sundays led by art critic and educator Margery Gordon at the Jungle Plaza.
- Enjoy an elegant evening at the XXIV International Ballet Festival of Miami Closing Gala of Stars held at the Miami Dade County Auditorium. A long history of dancing excellence established in 1963, the Miami Hispanic Ballet Company has been producing the International Ballet Festival recognized as the most successful in the U.S. and the only one in Florida. You will want to add this to your calendar for August 18th.
Parties & mixers in Miami in August
- The Miami World Club Crawl is the biggest and the best club crawl in Miami. Turn all the way up as you are taken from bar to bar with food already taken care of at the beginning of the evening. You won’t have to wait in line and you won’t pay cover charges. Leave the kids at home for this all-nighter.
- No summer is complete without a Foam Party! College student life can be stressful. Take a break and check out Senor Frogs on August 4th for free admission with open bar specials.
Miami in August is full of great events to satisfy any occasion. Bring the family or leave the kids at home, it’s up to you. For more information on where to stay or how to get around when you visit, give us a call.